To maintain the security of your home, getting the TP link login is the first thing that you should do. They are known to be one of the best brands in the network industry. For this reason, you can always rely on them. That being said, the default router settings are known to one and all. And for this very reason, sometimes, it can become a potential threat for you and your family.
This article is going to discuss all about the default router login details. Along with that, we will also help you to access, secure, and configure your Router on the web-based utility or management page. If you have a different router brand, you can see the details in the Router Login List provided by us.
- 1 Logging in to your TP-Link Router
- 2 Finding The Default Login
- 3 What is the default login for the TP-Link Router?
- 4 Changing the Login Details
- 5 Changing TP-Link Login Through Tether
- 6 Create Strong Password
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s)
Logging in to your TP-Link Router
Total time required: 2 minutes.
In the following steps, you can learn to log in to your TP-Link Router in an easy way.
1. Connect the device
To get started, you must be connecting your device to your TP-Link Router. We would recommend you use a wired connection. This will help you to secure a good network connection throughout the process.
2. Open browser
On the web browser on your device, enter 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, tplinkwifi.net, or tplinklogin.net. It would help if you used them as your default access. This should help you to open up the interface for your TP-Link Router or web-based management page.
Reminder: Sometimes, it is possible that you may not be able to see that interface. For such a situation, try to clear your browser’s cache or check your Wi-Fi internet connection with your Router.
3. Enter Your Login Credentials
In some time, you will see that the login interface will begin to load up. After that happens, enter the default username as admin. For the default password, keep it as Password only. Once you personalize it, log in immediately.
4. Begin Configuring
After you have managed a successful login you should be able to see your Router’s home page. Once you reach this stage, you can then start to configure your Router.
Finding The Default Login
1. In the first step of this process, go to your Start Menu. Now, type cmd in the search bar. You will need to make sure that your device stays connected to the Router while you do this.
2. Once you launch the command prompt, type ipconfig. The command will help you show your Router’s I.P. address and other network details. Your Router’s I.P. address will be Default Gateway.
What is the default login for the TP-Link Router?
Admin is the default username for and Password is the default password for TP-Link routers. It is the default login for most of the routers. And this means that your home network could be exposed to all kinds of potential threats and risks. To secure your network, you must personalize your Router’s factory settings as soon as you can. Follow the steps given below.
Changing the Login Details
1. As the first step, you must log in to your Router’s web-based interface. You can do so with the help of your web browser. Afterward, use the default login details if your TP-Link router settings. You can refer to the guide and default login information given above to help you log in successfully.
2. Once logged in, click on System Tools.
3. After you click on System Tools, you will get to see a drop-down menu. Go ahead and select the Password so that you can proceed with the password editing page.
4. It will help you to load the editing panel. Once that page opens, enter the old username and Password. Along with that, do not forget to input the new username and password as well.
5. While you save the new login credentials, you will be required to log in with the new username and Password.
To Note: It is possible to configure your Router through your mobile phone. You can do so with the help of TP-Link’s Tether App.
Changing TP-Link Login Through Tether
If you wish to change the TP-Link router login through rope, you will first need to download the app from the Play Store. After that, try connecting your device to the TP-Link router.
1. The app can help you to configure only if you are connected to your Router. You will need to open your tether app as it automatically detects the Router you are connected to. And then, you would need to select your Router on the app.
2. When you are done, you will see that the login page will appear. This is the time when you will need to enter your login details. At this stage, make use of the default username and Password.
3. Once you are logged in, do tap on the status icon. You will find it on the home screen. This is how you will get directed to the Router’s control settings.
4. You will get to see the control settings. Do change the connection type to PPPoE. After that, change the Router’s login information.
5. Finally, click Save to finish the configuration.
Create Strong Password
1. Words that only you know :
It would be helpful if you thought of the words that only you know, and nobody else would guess. They could be either related to your favorite book, food, or seasoning. Having such hard-to-guess words would be like a rigid nail to bend for other people.
2. Upper and Lower Cases:
Another great trick to keep your password safe is to use simple words but with unusual cases. Like, you can alter small and capital letters together in the Password you decide to keep. This will make it very complicated for the other person to guess around.
3. Add numbers:
For the longest time, people used to use numbers to decrypt a message. For example, 3 would be equal to the alphabet E, and 4 would be considered equivalent to the letter A.
4. Add Characters:
Like all the other things, you can add in characters to make your Password more safe and secure. But as a word of advice, we would recommend you choose a feeling that you would remember well and be able to recall when you need it.
Now, it would not be surprising if you would think that it could be impossible to fit a complete and whole sentence to be a password. Well, we can tell you that it is very much possible. But there is a little trick involved here. You would need to take the initials of every word in a sentence. For example, if you are using the sentence “You can do it!!, said the 75-year-old man”, the Password would become something like “yCdt!!sT75yOm”.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s)
Is it possible for me to login into my TP-link Router if I never changed the username or the Password?
By default, TP-Link sets a username and password for your account, which is
As you say that you have never changed it, use this to log in to your Router’s factory settings. You can find more about it here.
Would I need to use a desktop to change the login details of my login?
Well, no. You can use anything. Be it your phone or any other Android and Apple device, and you would need to download the TP-Link app Tether. You can get it from either PlayStore or AppStore. After that, follow the steps for mobile configurations.
What if I keep continuing to face further additional issues?
It would be miserable if you continue to face any problems further on. But do not worry. For any help, you can always reach out to them at TP-Link. You can either contact them at either their email address sales.usa@tp–link.com or their phone, 1800 209 4168, for any technical support.
We sincerely hope that this article helps you out to configure your Router with confidence. You can always check the login details of other routers in our Router Login List. It is about TP-link router login guide, default TP-Link login username, ethernet cable, wireless networks, the Router with admin, TP-Link network, internet access, TP-Link router admin panel, or router login password; you can talk to us about anything given in the article in the comment box below. Please do let us know how this article proves to be helpful and worthy of your read.