If your router uses 192.168.8.1 IP address to access the admin console, then you need to enter ‘http://192.168.8.1 in the address bar of your web browser to log into your router’s admin page. Here is how you can log into it:
- 1 HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT 192.168.8.1?
Find Router’s IP Address
If your router address is 192.168.8.1, then you can type this in the address bar to access the admin page of your router. However, if you don’t know the correct IP address, then here is how you can find it.
- On your computer, you can go to the ‘Start’ menu and open ‘Command Prompt. Now, enter ‘ipconfig’ and hit ‘Enter’. You will see a lot of information on the screen, then scroll down to ‘Local Area Connection’ and find the IP address labeled as ‘Default Gateway’.
- You can also check the IP address by going to ‘Network and Sharing Center’ on your computer. Open the panel and click on the ‘Connections’ tab followed by checking its details. Check the IPv4 Default Gateway on the internet to determine your router’s IP address.
- If you are using a Mac computer, then the procedure to check the IP address is by going to the utility window with ‘netstat command’ or under ‘system preferences’.
- On a smartphone, you can click on ‘Advanced Properties’ to find the correct IP address.
Enter credentials to access settings of your router
- Once you find the IP address of your router, you need to enter it in the address bar. Enter ‘http://192.168.8.1 in the address bar and you will see the router admin page login screen.
- Now, enter the username and password for the router login. If you have changed the password in the past, then try to remember it. Enter the details and you will be able to access the router’s admin page to change its settings.
HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT 192.168.8.1?
Reset The Router To Restore Old Working Settings
As you change the settings of your router, it may cease to work or have a problematic network connection. It is, therefore advised to note the previous working settings before making any changes to the router’s settings. However, if that didn’t make the router work, then you can reset the router to factory defaults. For this, you can press ‘Reset’ button on the router using a pen or paperclip for 20 seconds. The router will reboot itself and go back to factory settings.
Mistyping IP Addresses
It is very easy to make mistakes while typing IP addresses. Let’s assume, if you want to access 192.168.8.1, but type 192.168.1.1 instead, then it will lead to an error. Therefore, it is better to note the IP address instead of copying it from some unreliable source and then, receive an error.
Conflict Between IP Addresses
If you have installed multiple routers at home, then chances are they may have the same IP address. When you log onto one of the routers, it may show you the admin page of another router or no page at all. To prevent this from happening, ask your ISP to set up a static IP address for your device to avoid conflict with other IPs.
192.168.8.1 IP Address
Just like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, 192.168.8.1 is an IP address used by some router brands to allow users to access the admin console. Although, it is not popular as the other two IP addresses, but has the same functionality. Router brands that use this particular IP address include 3 J Tech, Adaptec, GI.I Net, Ignition Design Labs, Medialink, and Nexx.
192.168.8.1 IP Features
This is a private IP address, which is not as popular as 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1, but still has several exciting features.
- Multiple networks can use this IP address in sequential order simultaneously.
- The IP address is used to access router’s settings and the page can work even when there is no internet on the device.
- You can access 192.168.8.1 to manage traffic on your network. The IP address can also be used to configure networking equipment.
192.168.8.1 IP Requirements
To access the IP address, make sure to have a device connected to the router’s network. This IP address can’t be accessed on the world wide web, so you must have your device connected to the network provided by your router.