How To Access & Troubleshoot 192.168.3.1 IP Address-Based Router
IANA, which expands to Internet Assigned Numbers Authority is the organization responsible for managing the allocation of IP addresses. However, IANA has set aside a few private IP addresses that are used locally to prevent IPV4 exhaustion along with reducing IP conflicts among devices where the internet can be accessed.
One such IP address used by routers is 192.168.3.1, which acts as the default login IP address for several internet devices.
How to log into your router admin page via 192.168.3.1 IP address?
If you are using any of the below-mentioned routers, then you can access the router’s admin page using the 192.168.3.1 IP address.
- Amped Wireless
- Zy Xel
To know the login process, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
Find Router IP Address
If you are certain that 192.168.3.1 is your router’s IP address, then you can enter ‘http://192.168.3.1’ in the address bar. In case, you are doubtful, then check at the back or underneath the device to confirm the right IP address.
If you don’t find the IP address there, then you can use ipconfig option to determine the correct IP address. For that, you need to go to the ‘Start’ menu and open ‘Command Prompt. Now, enter ‘ipconfig’ and hit ‘Enter’. You will see a lot of information on the screen, then go down to ‘Local Area Connection’ and find the IP address corresponding to the option labelled as ‘Default Gateway’.
Router IP Address And Connectivity
So, you are aware of your router’s IP address, try to log into the router’s admin console of your router. For that, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Check if the device you are trying to open the router’s admin panel is connected to the router’s network.
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.3.1 or http://192.168.3.1 or https://192.168.3.1 in the address bar.
- If you have entered the correct IP address, the router admin page is going to load properly.
- To log in, you will have to use a default login credentials, which could be ‘admin’ or ‘root’. In some cases, the password is left blank. If none of the options work, scour the web to find the default username and password.
As you log into the router’s admin panel, you can make several changes to your router’s settings, which include:
- Change login credentials of the router admin page as well as Wi-Fi connection.
- Change strict security protocols to lenient and vice-versa.
- Change the DNS from 192.168.3.1 to some other private IP address.
- Implementing instructions provided by your internet service provider.
- Track all router activity.
Reset And Troubleshoot The Router
If you can’t log into the admin page of the router, then here is what you should do:
- The router and device you are trying to open the admin panel should be on the same network.
- Enter the correct IP address in the address bar. Make sure to use 1 at the last instead of small case L or upper case I.
- If you have changed the default password and now unable to recall it now, then you should reset your router by pressing the ‘reset’ button given at the back or underneath the router with a pointed object such as a pen or paperclip.
- If the admin page still does not load, then you should use a different web browser or delete cache and cookies.
- If none of the above solutions work, then call an expert to check your router.